Ant infestation in your home may sound like a very big problem but it isn’t. Think of this, most ant species that infest homes are harmless. And even better, out of 1,000 or so species of ants found in North America, only a few may find their way to your home.
The vast majority of ant species are either found in forests, deserts, or in your garden, and they really don’t do much harm.
But with ants roaming around your home, it isn’t exactly a pleasant sight either. They can spread harmful bacteria in your kitchen which can make way to your gut (and we all know what that means).
So it is always a good idea to get rid of ant infestation before it gets too late. You can easily do that by following 3 methods listed below that actually work!
3 Ways to Get Rid of Ants Now!
- Here are some very simple and easy methods to eliminate and prevent ants from coming into your home.
Investigate the Ant Trails
- The very first step towards the total elimination of ants from your home is to identify the trails left by the ants. These pests follow the trail left by the worker ants and it is very easy to track them back to their colony.
This enables you to add ant poison to food particles on your kitchen counter or anywhere in your home where ants are mostly visible. The food will go back to the colony and it will result in the total annihilation of the ant population from that colony.
- The method may seem extreme but it will get rid of ants fast.
Use Pesticides to Combat Ants
- If you follow the ant trail and find their colony, you can use liquid pesticide to allow it to soak down to the very depth of the nest where the queen rests. By filling the colony with liquid pesticide, the nest will be finished.
But you need to be careful that the colony you are targeting is in fact the colony infesting your home. It may sound nasty but there are likely many colonies of ants under and around your house. So follow the trail and hit the right colony to get rid of ants quickly.
Keep Everything Clean
- One of the reasons why ants come and infest your home is because they are able to find stuff to take back to their colony. Ants like becoming habitual of this and will keep coming back for more if they find a space where they can take something back.
So make sure that your kitchen counters, dirty dishes, and other areas of your home are always clean. Look for food crumbs and get rid of them as soon as you see them because if you don’t ants can come within minutes to pick them up.
- This method does not completely eliminate the ants from your home but you will still see a significant drop in an infestation.
Call for Pros
- If you have tried everything without luck, it is time to call professionals to do their job. Pest control companies take extra measures and extreme ends to ensure that your home is safe from an ant and other pest infestations.
The measures they take prevent ants from coming back for at least a season. And if you always keep things clean, it can prevent the ants from coming for several seasons.
If you’re having trouble finding a good pest control company, try Go Local pest control now! The platform enables you to find pest control companies in your area that specialize in various areas. You will find many professionals ready to help you get rid of ants for good.